Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Prevention by Drain Cleaning & Sanitising.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Drain Cleaning & Sanitising To Prevent Transmission.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Prevent transmission through drains and plumbing in Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, and South London. Tel: 03302235789.
By its design, drainage & plumbing can be a precursor for pathogenic microorganisms that have the potential to transmit airborne viruses, including coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID – 19).
In 2003, the World Health Organisation published a report on a 50 storey building that suffered 342 cases of SARS and 42 deaths. It reported that defects in the plumbing system of the building enabled the transmission of droplets containing the virus to travel through empty U-bends in the bathrooms. The virus transmission was aided by ventilation systems that circulated contaminated air into rooms.
Viral organisms can spread between rooms on different floors of a building, and even between buildings, via the plumbing and drainage system, and contaminated droplet fallout can result in contamination of surfaces within rooms. Plumbing & drainage is interconnected through all parts of a building and so the potential for contaminated air to travel through a building is high if defected plumbing & drainage is being used.
Other factors, such as overuse or underuse of plumbing & drainage systems, high temperatures, and large concentrations of infected people create concerns over self isolation and using hospital wards as quarantine areas. Large concentrations of infected people create a higher viral load in the system, and leads to a higher risk of spreading the disease. Self-isolation creates a larger volume of infected people potentially causing system overuse. Hospital wards used as quarantine areas are a concern because of how the whole system is interconnected.
The following steps are recommended to prevent transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19) through a plumbing & drainage system:
- Systems that block regularly can cause back pressure in the building or home. The causes should be identified and addressed. Minimising risk.
- Don’t ignore unusual foul smells in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Ensure all bathrooms and kitchens are fitted with maintained u-bends.
- Use all taps, including showers, in a property for at least 5 seconds, twice a day to ensure the water trap seal in u-bends is at the correct level.
- Seal any disconnected or open wastewater pipe from an appliance.
- Seal any crack in pipework.
- Maintain plumbing and drainage to ensure it is in good working order and sanitised.
- Make sure the system has adequate ventilation. Durgo valves are not recommended in minimising risk.
- To lessen the hassle on your end and ensure safety at the same time, contact the best plumbing services available such as plumber high wycombe.
If your plumbing or drainage is smelling or blocking, or you want to have your system checked to ensure that it is in good maintainable condition, DrainBoss provide a full above and below ground drain testing, maintenance, drain repair and deep cleaning and sanitising service for hospitals, schools, offices, equestrian businesses, and domestic dwellings including high rise apartment buildings and houses.
Our Coronavirus drain and plumbing sanitising engineers are available 24 hours a day and we aim to have an arrival time of within one hour in emergency cases. We are CHAS accredited, so you know our work will be carried out to British health and safety standards, and all our operatives will keep a safe distance, wear protective clothing and masks. We cover Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Kent and South London.
Call us now on 03302235789 to schedule in a COVID-19 drainage test, repair or deep sanitising.