Emergency Flood Cleanup and Pumping Services
Emergency Flood Clean Up and Pumping Service
Flood damage is often devastating. Many secondary problems arise as a direct result of water damage in your home or commercial property. At DrainBoss, we understand the irritation, frustration, and overwhelming sensations that come with the discovery of a flooded home, basement, or office, because we are homeowners as well. We will pump out your flooded home, office, or basement, and help recover damaged personal property if possible.
Domestic and Commercial Flood Cleanup
We’re going to preface this “step by step” process by saying that the first step you take should be to call a professional emergency flood pump out & cleanup service, like us. DrainBoss services several areas in London, Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire including South London, Croydon, Guildford, Godalming, Midhurst, Petersfield, Crawley, Horley, Haslemere, Redhill, Reigate, Tunbridge Wells, Eastbourne, Sevenoaks, Crowborough, Midhurst, Brighton, Worthing, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Uckfield, Bognor, Chichester, Portsmouth, Southampton and all towns in between; as you can see, we are very well connected and provide 24/7 flood cleanup service a very large area.
- The very first thing that needs to be done is turn off the power to your home. Always remember to put safety first. Water and electricity do not mix well and often results in serious injury or death.
- Next, you need to stop the water at the source.
- The next thing that needs to be done is damage mitigation. Minimize the amount of damage done to your personal property. Move all affected furniture.
- Tie all draperies up so that they aren’t absorbing water.
Primary flood damage includes damages that occur during the flooding process. This often includes ruined carpets and flooring, damaged baseboard skirting and wooden furniture, and the potential for electrical damage throughout the immediate area.
Secondary damages include the growth of mould and mildew, and swollen wooden floors. We go the extra mile to properly extract the water and use drying techniques that minimize secondary damages to your home or commercial property in the event of a flood.
Avoid These Actions:
- Do Not Turn On Fans: You may be tempted to turn on your HVAC system or fans in order to dry the area. We do not recommend this method of drying, especially if the flooding has been due to a sewage leak. Sewage must be dealt with by a professional, and fans and air conditioners may spread contamination.
- Proper drying requires time and cannot be rushed. Rushed drying processes only tend to create some of the secondary damages we mentioned above.
- Do Not Use a Vacuum Cleaner or Shop Vac: You may be tempted to use a shop vac to remove the excess water. We do not recommend this, as you are putting yourself at risk of electric shock. Remember, water and electrical devices do not mix well!
- Do Not Walk on Wet Carpeting: Walking on saturated carpeting compresses the fibres and may cause more damage to the underlying padding. These damages may not be repairable, and may result in permanent indentions in your carpeting.
Emergency Flood Cleanup for Domestic and Commercial Properties: Call 07772 535248
DrainBoss is a 24/7 emergency flood cleanup company. We have built a reputation of trust with our clients and will be attentive to your needs during this very stressful time in your life. Give us a call any time at our emergency number 07772 535248.